Monday, May 17, 2010

I Have Been That Busy

Finished Rouge stepThat I've barely had time to knit.

And if I didn't have time to knit I definitely didn't have time to blog.

Appalling on both fronts, I know. I have to rebalance that whole work/life thing.

But all was not lost!

Done: Hubby's Rouge Socks
I finally finished Hubby's Rouge Step socks on Saturday. I've been working on them for like two months, which is entirely too much time to be knitting a pair of socks.

He must have forgotten they were for him as he has not been campaigning for them. Also, as I was working the last few rows of the toe decreases I held the sock up in a meaningful way and he said, "Those are for me? They're cool."

He hasn't worn them yet. Probably because after I finished them he put them on the end table and never took them upstairs. Fortunately he doesn't get dressed in the living room in the morning so they missed their chance this weekend.

Recap
Standard Hubby sock pattern.
I did mess up calculating my gauge, started with too few stitches, ripped out, and started over.
Heel stitch with garter edge flap.
Austermann Step in Colorway 08.
US 1 needles.


Green Fingerless Mitts Progress
ERLM mitts Swatch 2a Have I mentioned it's hard to take a picture of your own hand?

Well, it is.

Anyway. I worked a third repeat of the Triple Leaf Lace pattern. I has really grown on me (no pun intended). And I thought I should just go with it. And I thought if I'd decided to use it from the get-go the mitts would practically be done by now. Well, aside from all that stockinette stuff flapping around at the beginning.

Still, I can't leave well enough alone. I swatched one of the, uh, mini leaf patterns. Drat, I don't have the book with me. I think its in the first Walker Treasury. There are like three different versions listed together.

Anyway. It's very nice and actually more along the lines of what I had in mind.

But I really liked the first pattern. Hubby also preferred the first pattern.

Of course, I had to take it into Westport Yarns on Sunday for even more votes. As you might expect everyone voted for the first pattern, although one customer did give a half hearted plug for the second pattern, but agreed the first was very nice.

ERLM mitts Swatch 2bSo there you are, the first pattern wins. I worked out my stitch count Sunday night and I've already cast on and knit two rows. It's just a matter of knitting them now since I know what I plan to do.

I had better knit fast. Danni, at least , is going to be stalking these gloves. Possibly Pam as well.

Turns out they both have skeins of Ella Rae Lace Merino at home that they haven't assigned to a project.

This surprised me since we don't carry it at WY. However, it confirms your suspicions that even LYS staff shop at other stores on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment