Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Done: Flashy Socks

Flashy socks This is not a Summer of Socks project.

This is an attempt to distract you from the fact that I didn't actually start my first Summer of Socks project yesterday.

When Hubby was outside grilling our dinner the neighbors up the hill started squawking at him. This resulted in us carrying patio chairs and our plates up the hill to hang out on their front lawn with the other miscreants.

And me without my knitting.

These things happen. You understand?

Project Recap
You will perhaps remember the Flashy Socks from the beginning of May when I originally cast them on. I've been working on them idly since then. Eventually I hit a point where I was more done than not and decided to focus on them.

They were also helped along by a business trip I went on last week (which was the cause of my recent lack of blogging. Although at this point it's more a surprise when I do blog). Socks, of course, being my preferred travel project.

Anyway.
Yarn: Aussi Soxxi from Oasis Yarn. Color #4
Needles: US 1
Pattern: My generic stockinette stitch to fit me formula

Of course the exciting part of these socks is that this is Rhinebeck yarn! Bought back in 2009. Phew! I've finally used some Rhinebeck yarn.

It's nice yarn. Was soft but otherwise not terribly remarkable in either direction to knit with, which can actually be a good thing. The magic happened when I put the finished socks on. So nice and squishy under foot!

I always wear my socks (almost) as soon as they are done without washing them first. This pair in the hamper now. It will be interesting to see what the washed yarn is like.

Not that I'm implying I'll remember to report on that topic.

Ok, let's see if I can get these cotton socks cast on now.

1 comment: