Friday, November 20, 2009

I Got Nuthin'

Not even a picture.

I shouldn't even bother blogging today.

I'm chugging along on the sleeves. I'm through the first set of increases and working on the second set.

I've realized that I have about three colors to go (which is really around 33 rows, give or take). To arrive at this estimate, I measured the back to the specified length for the sleeves, which ended up being in the second maroon stripe. So that is my target, when I hit the maroon stripe I'll start measuring.

I half suspect I'll be able to get through these 33 rows tonight. Definitely over the weekend.

That gave me a moment of excitement. I thought, "Maybe I will be done in time for Thanksgiving." That developed as a vague goal somewhere along the line. If I finish by Thanksgiving the maximum number of family members will be able to see and admire the sweater.

Then I came to my senses. Even if I do finish knitting the sleeves tonight or tomorrow, I still have to weave in the zillion ends, sew it together, and knit the collar.

Drat!

Well, the family will have to see and admire it in an unfinished state.

No comments:

Post a Comment