The stocking is working up rather quickly.
As you can see, I finished the toe the other day and have started on the heel.
What you can't see is that I forgot to pick up extra stitches at the corners of the heel so there are massive gaps there.
Now on one hand I say, "It's a Christmas stocking, nothing is going to be small enough to fall out."
And on the other hand I say, "AAAAHHHH! Look at those massive gaps! How could I let that happen?!"
So I'll probably be going back with some green yarn and attempting to sew the buggers shut.
What you also can't see is a true representation of the colors. I took this one without a flash, but I am in my office so the florescent lights probably aren't helping. The yarn is vibrant, but not as vibrant in the picture. I'm actually wondering whether I should have used the green for the cuff instead. Well too late now.
I'm also thinking that I should have made the green portion of the leg longer. At the time I was thinking the cuff counted as part of the leg length, which made it plenty long. But the visual break because of the color change kind of skews it.
It looks a little more proportional in person. And if I fold it in half at the heel the green leg and foot sections are the same length. So I guess I'm ok.
Once again, too late now.
Is still crawling along. Even though these side seams are easier to line up, they still take quite a bit of time to execute.
I didn't have any time to work on it Monday night. But I was able to take a whack at it yesterday.
The first side seam is done and I've made a start on the first sleeve.
I am still holding out hope for having it finished by Christmas.