Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pink Static Socks: Only Two Tries

pink static cuffs The first Pink Static Sock is done.

Which led to me casting on for the second sock. Funny how that happens.

I'm pleased to report that I make only two attempts to get the stripes to match.

If you remember my herculean efforts (i.e., four) to get the last pair of socks I made for Hubby to match you will know what a breakthrough keeping it to two is for me.

Not that you can tell from this picture, but the color changes are fairly long, so it was easy to pinpoint where the first sock left off and the second should pick up. Happily, the first toe ended shortly before the point where the stripe sequence should start for the second sock.

Did that make any sense? I've been up since 2 a.m (insomnia much?) so I know I'm a wee bit incoherent.

In fact, I probably shouldn't attempt to write anymore.
blue static done
Anyway. I targeted a point, cast on, and knit three rows. When I saw they didn't quite match, I counted out how many lengths that took and was able to choke up accordingly.

They aren't exact, but they were "close enough" so I let go and kept knitting. In fact, I kept knitting for like 30 rows. Guess I should have updated the picture.

Did I mention I didn't sleep well last night?

I leave you with a finished object picture of the Blue Static Socks, which I finished ages ago but never photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment