Thursday, December 27, 2007

Disaster Averted, and the end is near

I almost lost a knitting needle at my in-laws, which would have been a disaster not only for the lost needle but because production on Hubby's scarf would have come to a halt until my MIL had found it and mailed it to me.
The near miss occurred because I left my knitting on the coffee table at bed time, a stunt I could pull because my MIL knits, the nephews had left, and all the dogs get locked in bedrooms. So when we were packing, the scarf wasn't in my knitting bag and I had to carry it out by hand. We weren't even half way down the mountain when I realized the needle was missing. Hubby wisely started turning around even as he asked if we should go back. It was in the driveway (with my circular row counter still attached!) so I was able to snap it up. phew!
Last night he decided he wanted fringe. I went with 9 inch long (before folding) two strands per hit, which is 46 each side. It's not done yet, but I cut them all anyway to be sure I'd have enough. The ball of yarn to be used it getting smaller and smaller, which is very exciting all around. The scarf is about 78 inches long at the moment, not counting fringe. And, as I said, I'm not done yet.
Puppies are in time out. They decided to go for a little swim (mind you, it's 38 degrees out and has been in the 20s lately). The surprising part is Baru led the charge. I put them out and was sitting in front of the window taking pictures of my yarn (man that sound's weird) and I looked out and they were gone. Hubby had to go out and call them.
Baru came fairly quickly, but Samson was being stubborn. When he finally came up, he was trapped on the porch so he could dry out a bit, boy was he annoyed about that. The worst part is he left his new ball down in the ravine. He's only had it since lunch time. Hopefully he put it down in a place where he can get it the next time they run off.

No comments:

Post a Comment