Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tiptoeing toward the finish line


Tiptoe sock 1
Originally uploaded by annmcclure2000

At some point I finally figured out I could knit in the car if I didn't have to look at the project. Which pretty much limits me to projects in stockinette stitch, but it's better than nothing.
This enabled me to work on my TipToe socks on the drive up to the inlaws for Christmas. The scarf was out of the questions what with reading the pattern and counting the stitches. One sock was on the needles and the other was on a lifeline. I had worked them both to the heel, done the duplicate stitch tulips, then continued on. The one sock was mostly finished during the drive and I kitchnered the toe at the house.
Of course they were put aside for the scarf, but dragged back out as soon as the scarf was done. I finished knitting sock number two during the disappointing Giants' game. Now I just have to weave in all the stupid little ends, which makes me wonder, "What was I thinking?!"
I think I will wait until after I've cleaned them up to chart the tulips for the toes. That will entail more duplicate stitch and more ends to weave, but I think it will really enhance them and be worth the effort.
My poor neglected fingerless mitts will be the fall back project.

No comments:

Post a Comment