Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I told the world

To date no one has probably read my blog because I didn't tell anyone it existed (not even my mom, although I probably mentioned it to Hubby.)

But yesterday I received my invitation to Ravelry. When you set up your profile you can enter the URL for your blog. Since I actually had one, I entered it. Then thought, "Hmm, guess I'll start having to update that thing." Then I went and told my Boss, who doesn't knit but wanted to know why I had finally made the switch to Firefox.
So here I am. Obviously the novelty wore off very quickly last time, we'll see how it goes this time.
Current knitting project is a double basket weave scarf for Hubby. It's slow going because I haven't been able to ingest the pattern since it changes every row.


Bear's basketweave scarf
Originally uploaded by annmcclure2000
I swatched the scarf that was a free pattern on Interweave Knits which is 28 sts. He wanted it wider, so I found the stitch in The Complete Encyclopedia of Stitchery and figured out the pattern for 46 sts. Turns out this is only between 5 and 5 1/2 inches wide (unstretched) and he was questioning that width, but I pointed out it would either be half as wide again or I'd have to switch patterns. He said to keep going.
Of course this has put a halt to all other knitting. Sigh. I'd really like to get my top down fingerless mitts done.
But this is not the day for talking about the mitts. Really I have to save content for the future if I'm going to keep this thing up.
In the mean time, admire my beautiful Samson.

No comments:

Post a Comment