Friday, October 29, 2010

Done: Tirua Shrug

Tirua shrug back This afternoon I finished the shrug I was making from Tirua.

It was a very quick knit made quicker by me running out of yarn. hmmm.

I was only able to work six rows after binding off the sleeves.

I think I should have used a size 11 needle after all. I think my gauge ended up sliding off at some point.

Boy howdy, I saw people on Ravelry saying this pattern ran small, but this thing is wee!

It's 8 inches long in the back and 12 inches across at the underarm. This all makes it a little on the snug side.Tirua shrug front

I wish it had ended up longer in the back, but it is kind of growing on me.

On the other hand, isn't there a pattern out there that only covers the shoulders and back?

Well, there you have. My experiment in making a one skein garment. Let's see how long it survives.

2 comments:

  1. It's really cute, and will keep your shoulders and back warm..it looks really good with that shirt too...But it will probably look just as good in any shirt that is a color that is in the shrug...

    ReplyDelete