The Angora Bedsocks of Power and Fortune! are out of control.
After kicking the Skew socks to the curb last week I took a look at the other WIPs hanging over my head.
On a regular basis, I decide that I function better with only one, maybe two, projects on the go. Multiple projects overwhelm me and I get annoyed by the lack of progress on anything.
Of course just becuase I know this doesn't stop me from casting on new projects even as old ones languish.
But I'm embracing the "clear the plate" phase and decided to return to the ABSPF! because the first sock was fairly close to being done.
These keep ending up on the back burner because I keep thinking they are "too complicated" for TV knitting because of the cables. Turns out the cables are only in two little spots and I flashed right through them.
Another issue was that I saw them getting taller and taller and realized I had to increase a few stitches in order to have them continue fitting, which was just adding to the complication factor.
Since they are just bedsocks, after all, I decided to stop over thinking the matter and just started throwing in some increases every couple rows with the goal of being able to work k2, p2 ribbing.
Then all of a sudden, boom! the sock was done.
And there was much rejoicing.
Particularly becuase I was pretty sure I was going to run out of yarn during the cast off and didn't want to have to unpick the cast off and last row. In fact, I just squeeked by with a little bitty tail left, which I did my best to knot.
I'm fairly certain that situation is going to come back to bite me.
And the second sock is where?
I don't generally suffer from second sock syndrome.
I often find the second sock is easier than the first because all the numbers are there and it's autopilot knitting. Especially in a situation like this where I'm making a pattern up.
The wild card is going to be how closely I follow the "pattern." This first sock fits, but it's a bit snug in places near the top where I didn't start the shaping soon enough.
I'm torn between tweaking the second sock to reflect what I've learned for an improved fit, or working it the same as the first. I'm really leaning toward just working it the same. If I have one nice fitting sock and one poorly fitting sock the poorly fitting first sock will just annoy me and I know I'm way too lazy to rip it out and reknit it.
In the mean time, I've cast on for a new project.