Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sweeping Update

Rose shadowOh, there has been plenty to blog about, I just haven't been blogging.

I really need to be sure to make time for it. I mean, I like blogging. It's another creative outlet. I just have to make time for it in a way that won't be stressful.

Really, if I'm blogging for myself to keep a record of my projects it's important for me to do it. On the other hand, if I'm doing it for myself it's also ok if I don't.

Anyway.

Judging by my Ravelry notebook I've finished seven projects about which I haven't blogged one word. So I'll have to weigh the benefits of going back and writing about them after the fact.

Actually, if I'm going to once again swear I'll start blogging more regularly I'll need those finished projects as fodder because goodness knows my current active projects are booooring.

Well, they are at boring points for blog content but are still fine for knitting. HVSBS back

But then considering I can foment paragraphs of anxiety over the most minute details, I guess I don't really have a lack of blog content if I put my mind to it.

Some Substance?

I hadn't actually planned for this post to be all stuff, nonsense, and angst.

When last you heard from me, more or less, I'd declared 2011 the Year of the Sweater. I'm still adhering to that declaration, more or less. As you can imagine, my seven finished projects are not sweaters. Ha! I wish.

No, in between my sweater WIPs I've tossed off a few smaller projects.

The sweaters endure.

In fact, at the beginnig of the year I got a little overwhelmed with all the works-in-progress I had. I was beginning to feel like I was spinning my knitting wheels since I had so many projects on the go and nothing finished to show for my efforts.

I have frequently extolled the virtues of project monogamy. I've clearly seen that working on one project at a time results in actual finished objects in a relatively quick time frame. However, I can't stick with it.

One project isn't enough. On the other hand seven or so projects is too much. Especially if more than one of them is a sweater. Talk about not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

To free myself from the anxiety of so many WIPs I went through my Ravelry notebook and shifted many into "hibernating" status. If you use Ravelry you know this shifts them from the top row of your project page to the bottom row. Out of sight, out of mind.

At the same time I wrapped (most) of those now hibernating WIPs up and put them away. I say most because the Bias Striped V-Neck is in limbo. It's hibernating on Ravelry but still on the bookshelf in the living room because of the over crowded conditions in the dining room credenza.

Sirdar Crofter DKThe result is that my "only" active projects are Hubby's Vertical Stripe Box Stitch Sweater, a Green Schleppy Sweater in KFI sample yarns, and the Lace 101 scarf in gift Hand Maiden Camelspun yarn that I work on at the Library Knitting group.

This has been working out well. Until I hit stupid walls on both active sweaters the other day. Happily I was able to just reach over and grab the Bias-V for some emergency knitting. It's a good thing I didn't pack it away after all.

Jumpstart
A girl can only dream that this post will get me started blogging again. I've given myself plenty of jumping off points for a post tomorrow.

I can blog about one of the active sweaters.

Or I can blog about one of the many projects I finished during the recent blog blackout.

I just have to stratagize about how I want to approach all these topics.

For now, I think the best course of action will be to take the pups out and go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Girl! When you figure it out, let me know - because I surely haven't been blogging at all...... :D

    I think it's the shawl designing rabbit hole. Once I finish the chart on my newest, I'm burned out on the shawls for awhile. As a matter of fact, I cast on a plain jane sock the other day which I am loving. oh - maybe I'll blog!! LOL

    Looking forward to seeing those sweater updates. :D

    ReplyDelete