Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Lot of Moving Parts

The Deadline Setter commented once when I used that phrase in an article, so it must be one of the phrases I like/use frequently. Have you ever noticed that? There are things you say frequently and you don't realize it until someone points it out?
Anyway (and, yes, I do realize I say that frequently.)
I'm through the heel increases on one Girlfriends Cable Socks sock. :-D I think the Cuban Heel is working out very nicely with this pattern. It is centered under the back center twist and the purl columns split nicely down the either side. Now I'll double back and catch the other sock up before I turn the heels. That way how many rows I've worked, etc., is still fresh in my mind.
I started working on both of them so I could keep track of my yarn usage. I shouldn't have to worry about running out.
In other knitting news, I felted Wine Cozy V this morning. It ended up skinnier and taller than I expected. It is interesting to see how the direction of the stitches seem to effect how they react when felted. I haven't measured it to see whether it adhered to my predicted shrinkage. Still it fits the bottle nicely. I think I like it a bit better then the first one, size wise. I would definitely scale the horizontal version down if I made another one.
And, I think that's about it for now. I shall leave you with a puppy action shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment