Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stupid Puppy Tricks

Samson
The other day I was sitting down as I was getting ready for work. Baru was laying at my feet and Samson was in the bedroom with Hubby.
Out of nowhere, Samson comes in, gets right up in my face (practically nose-to-nose with me), burps, and immediately turns and walks out.
It was so preposterous, and well timed, that I have to imagine he did it on purpose.

Baru
Remember that rap song from the 1980s with the chorus of "the roof/the roof/the roof is on fire. We don't need no water let the [expletive] burn"? Well, we turned that into a Baru song.
(Don't ask. I guess we are sick people. In our defense, my Brother started singing it spontaneously when we were visiting over the weekend. So I guess it runs in the family.)
Anyway. A few months ago I was in the basement folding laundry and a weird acoustical version of that song came on the radio.
Suddenly Baru was behind me, smiling and wagging his tail as though I had called him.
Two seconds later Hubby and Samson appeared. Hubby said they were in the Green Room playing. The music from the radio drifts up through the powder room. When the song came on Baru perked up and took off looking for the source.
It was just weird.
However, we have heard that version of the song since then and Baru hasn't reacted.

Effective Distraction?
Yes, I tell you these puppy stories to distract you from the fact that I didn't make any progress on the Peacock Sock this morning. All the crocheting recently has made my left wrist tweaky.
Sadly, crocheting, which I've been doing since I was little, causes carpal tunnel syndrome like pains. I even used to wear those little elastic wrist supports.
Knitting, fortunately and for some reason, does not bother me unless I spend all day, all weekend doing it. Which I try to remember not to do without frequent breaks/stretching.
Must be something in the positioning or the motion for crochet. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment