Saturday, April 18, 2009

Damn Doily Indeed

The Third Damn Doily is up to row 34, or so, which is about half way through the center spiral.
I had to open a new spool of thread for this one, and the whole time I've been knitting I've been thinking that this spool feels much slicker and more flexible than the stuff I used for the first two doilies.
So last night I finally fished the label out of the center of the cone.
I'm using Knit-Cro-sheen.
I did not use Knit-Cro-Sheen for the first two doilies. I'm not sure what it was, but it wasn't this.
The thread for the first two doilies was firm and had a matte finish. This thread is soft and has a shiny finish.
It's probably the difference between mercerized and unmercerized cotton. But I'm pretty sure you can tell to the naked eye.
After Hubby wakes up I'll have to go up to the attic to look for another spool of normal crochet cotton for this last doily. Otherwise a trip to Michael's is in my future.

1 comment:

  1. They do look great, Ann, even though they are damn doilies! :O

    ReplyDelete