Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Exciting Continuation of the Tale of the Fingerless Mitts


Ambrosia mitts finished
Originally uploaded by TravelingAnn

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I can't breath. Remember back in February when I sent the pattern and sample of my Top Down Fingerless Mitts for consideration for inclusion in a new pattern book?
Well—My pattern was accepted!!
Let's all take a minute to let that sink in. And do a happy dance.
I received the e-mail last night: We are just finalizing the contents list for our Luxury One-Skein book, and I’m pleased to tell you that we have selected your lovely gloves — thank you so much!
I had to read it twice to be sure, then I went flying into the bed room, did a full body dive onto the bed (severely startling the poor Husband) and told him the exciting news. Maybe I will build an empire after all...
What happened was the postcard acknowledging my submission said they would respond in "early spring" and I said to myself, early spring was a month ago. So I figured out what the editor's e-mail address would be and I sent her a polite little note inquiring. She sent back that exciting little e-mail, which also says letters of agreement will be going out soon.
I haven't seen the terms of agreement yet, but the original call for submissions said there might be a small monetary compensation (which is totally going to fund the Summer of Socks 08, now that I'm an accomplished train commuter I might get more socks knit than originally anticipated) and a copy of the book.
The book is from Storey Publishing (www.storey.com) and is the next in the series of "One Skien" books they've been doing. This one focuses on luxury yarns, so my mitts fit right in since Ambrosia is baby alpaca/cashmere/silk. Oh I can't wait to see it.
Anyway, it's all very exciting and I'm telling anyone who will stand still long enough to listen.
In other news, the monarch scarf Cynthia had me design based on my Cat's Pajama's Socks was on the counter at the store for about a week and apparently generated quite a bit of buzz. Which is also very flattering. I have given the information to The Guy in the Art Department do to the layout for me. It is now officially called the Eyelet and Feather Scarf.
And I finished my Rainbow Swirl Socks on the train this morning. (Ok, technically I still have to kitchener the toe shut, but the train was crowded and I had to put my book bag on the overhead rack so I couldn't get to my scissors/chibi.)
As for my adventures on public transportation, the only blemish on the ride home last night was when I realized I'd accidentally decreased 2 stitches and had to tink back 3 rows to find them. The ride this morning went a treat: I managed to stay on the train when I was supposed to, I found the semi-express after my transfer (it comes on the same track), and the little shuttle was right there waiting. I was in the office by 8:30, what more could a girl ask for?

1 comment: