Friday, November 21, 2008

A Reason Not to Put Knitting Needles/Crochet Hooks in Your Mouth

You don't know where they've been!
Oh, you think you know where they've been: in your yarn, in your project bag, on the coffee table.
But do you remember where else they've been?

In your hands!

Now think about where your hands have been.

Eeewww.

I started thinking about this a lot after I started riding the train. On my very first day on the train I dropped one of my needles while waiting for my transfer. Ick. And since then I've dropped needles and stitch markers on the seats and floors on the train. Ick. But, yes, I do rescue them, even the stitch markers.
So I had to be extra vigilant not to put needles and such in my mouth.
With cold and flu season arriving, it seemed like a good idea to point this all out. I believe studies have shown that proper hand washing is a good way to cut down on the number of colds one contracts.
Actually, since I haven't managed to ride the train at all this week, my hands have been feeling much cleaner. But that's probably just in my head.

Ok, now that my hands are dirty again from touching my keyboard, time to finish lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha! Are we having an "OCD" moment Ann? :) Seriously, though,I wash my hands way too much. Can't help it. It's my one downfall. I will say, though, I am hardly ever sick!!

    ReplyDelete