Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back on Topic

A lady on the train this morning complemented my Rainbow Swirl Sock and asked about the "orange sock" I was working on. She must have been referring to my Joy of Charlene Socks and I said I finished those a month ago.
She asked how long a pair usually takes, and I said about two weeks.
She asked, "Do you make these as beautiful gifts for people?"
I answered, "No. I don't love anyone that much."
And we all had a good laugh. Although I did add I make them for Hubby.
The conductor has been watching my sock with interest and commented I'm almost done. Which is true, I'm closing in on the toe shaping and might even finish on the ride home tonight. Provided my head doesn't explode in the mean time which would prevent me from focusing on knitting.
We (her, me and the guy next to her) had a brief, but lively, conversation about knitting and the loveliness of handmade afghans.
I'll be glad when the sock is done, because then I'll be able to get it in the mail. Not that I haven't enjoyed knitting it. It's a simple pattern, but fun to watch develop. I like the way the ridge marches across the top of the instep and the demarcation between the patterned instep and the stockinette stitch sole.
Still, Friday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. With my Rainbow Swirl Sock out of the way, I'll be free to work on my Arrgyle Pirate Socks, which seems appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment