Monday, October 6, 2008

A Blog Ribbon? For Me?

Yippee!
My blog buddy Ms Create gave me an "I Love Your Blog Award"!
How terribly flattering. She reads my blog more regularly than my mom does and always leaves me a nice message.
Now, the rules of the game say I have to nominate four other blogs in turn. This is kind of tricky because I don't actually read a lot of blogs regularly. But I've thought about it a lot and I think I've sorted it out. (The matter was complicated because Ms Create and the person who nominated her are starting a trend of recognizing smaller blogs.)
And I'll just point out that if this had come from a different source I would have nominated Ms Create. She has a farm with lots of critters, she knits and spins and even makes soap(!), so there are a number of different crafts to amuse a reader. We found each other during Summer of Socks and cheered each other on during Ravelympics. Although the rules don't say it, I suspect nominating the person who nominated you doesn't count.
So here goes, in no particular order:
First up is Major Knitter. She is actually a customer at the store. When I was first working at the store I heard she had a blog and ran off to check it. I ended up feeling really voyeuristic because I suddenly knew much more about her than our relationship warranted. So I didn't read it again. But now that she is a friend on Ravelry I've gotten over that. I kept seeing all these interesting titles and first paragraphs and couldn't help myself. She does lovely knitting, has charity projects going on, and is involved with the Boy Scouts. If you like variety in your blog knitting you should check it out.
Next up is Danni Knits. She's another staff member at the store. I wasn't reading her blog at first because I thought it would make me feel creepy, but now I've known her for a few years. And I've realized that I hear about most of her projects when we work together anyway so it's not like I'm finding out stuff I shouldn't!
My third would be Stitch and Chat. This is also by a staff member (keep it close to home, don't I?). What's interesting about Stitch and Chat is that instead of being totally selfcentered like my blog, she discusses the projects of people in her knitting group. It's intersting to see the variety of projects and progress.
Finally, I'm going to whimp out and go with WendyKnits and the Yarn Harlot. I imagine I don't have to tell you about them. WendyKnits was the very first knitting blog I started reading and provided useful information when I started knitting socks. I don't remember when I started reading the Yarn Harlot, but she's just funny and I can relate to the writer angst stuff too.
(I would have also nominated Angel Knits, another of my Ravelry friends. She also has lovely projects and we must be in tune because in the depths of August when I was starting to tire of sock knitting and small needles she turned around and worked on a big needle project! She's been slacking on the posting a bit so she migh need the encouragement. But she received this award recently and it's not that I don't think she deserves it twice, I don't want to stress her out by making her have to nominate four more blogs! But she stops by regularly, so she'll know.)
Ok, here are the rules, shamelessly copy/pasted from Ms Create's blog. :-)

Here are the rules for "acceptance" of your blog award.

1. Please put the award on your blog.

2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.

3. You must nominate at least 4 fellow bloggers for this award.

4. Add links to the recipients.

5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award.

1 comment:

  1. You totally deserve it! Your blog is great. I'm off to check out your nominees.... ;)

    ReplyDelete