Friday, October 3, 2008

I Can Knit A Sock In Two Weeks or Less

Two weeks or less...
Two weeks or less...
I can knit a sock on my double points
my double points
my double points
Look at Yarn!
Look at Yarn!
It's so pretty...

And that's as far as I've gotten.
And if you know the song this is based on, I apologize for getting it stuck in your head. But this has been stuck in my head since Summer of Socks.
However, I have just about finished my stealth sock. I almost finished the toe on the train this morning when we reached my stop. As I was closing in on the toe a part of my brain started freaking out because this means I won't have anything to do on the ride home.
Well, I mean, I guess I could Kitchener it shut. It should work out better than when I tried to do it at work, but I can't see it taking me an hour, so at some point in the trip I'll be twiddling my thumbs or playing games on my iPod.
My involvement with the sock isn't truly done. I have to write up the pattern, get it test knit, photograph the model, have the pattern laid out, and then print them. Then I think I'll be done.
In case you were wondering, the sock is adorable, if I do say so myself. I have support for this claim. Cynthia declared it gorgeous, the other staff members who have seen it liked it, and I've had coworkers and random people on the train admire it. So if you signed up for the next round of the Knitting Central Sock Club, I think you'll be pleased with it.
I don't know how much progress I'll make on my WIPs this weekend, seeing as I should continue to focus on the stealth sock, but you never know.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you need to check out my blog and pick up your award. :)

    ReplyDelete